The ideal location of Allo, in the center of Navarra ( close to Pamplona), next to medieval city of Estella and Saint James Way, make Casa de los Ulibarri an ideal place to relax and get to know the area.
Surrounded by a privileged environment, Allo is conveniently connected to local hubs Pamplona, Estella and Logroño thanks to a non-payant motorway. Other cities such as San Sebastian, Bilbao or Zaragoza are easily accessible due to several communication routes.
Some of the most important touristic activities that you can find close to Casa de los Ulibarri are:
- Nacedero de Urederra: wonderful natural spring in Urbasa Natural Park. A lovely walk for all the family
- St James way, with its history, monuments, and of course its pilgrims
- Natural Park Sierra de Urbasa: where there are various trekking routes to get lost in their magnificent forests
- Circuit of Navarra: recreational and sports space dedicated to motorsports
Many small villages in the vicinity have are worth a visit; Viana´s historical centre or Arellano´s Muses, a fine roman archaeological site are two examples of the region´s
OTHER PLACES AND ACTIVITIES NEARBY 'CASA DE LOS ULIBARRI'
Guided tours in Pamplona, Estella, Saint James Way, the Royal Route (Leire, Sangüesa, Ujue, Olite), Baztán, Roncal Valley.
- Museo del Carlismo. ‘Historical Museum of Carlismo in Navarre’, a political and sociological movement dating from the XVIII century that brought upon Spain three civil wars and had a decisive role in XXth century´s one.
- Musas de Arellano. This well preserved archaeological site presents a fine example of the vilas built in the area in Roman times. It is located 10 km away from Estella
- Visit to wineries. In this site ___ you will find a list with the different wineries that can be found in Navarre, many of which are located
- Embalse de Alloz. A reservoir that offers aquatic and nautical activities such as sailing, windsurfing or paddle sup. 25 min away from Allo by car
- Tourism Tierra Estella. Online site that belongs to Estella´s Tourisn Board. You will find an updated calendar with all the activities that take place in the area, plus loads of information about local amenities and places of interest.
'Casa rural de los Ulibarri' is located in Navarre´s western side, where plains of cereal crops and vineyards stand side by side with several sierras or mountainous systems of limestone rock. This diverse terrain allows for many outdoor activities such as easy walks, hiking, bicycle touring, climbing, etc.
ONE DAY TRIPS
- Montejurra. Route to the geographical and historic landmark of Montejurra mountain.
- Routes in Urbasa. Hiking and cycling to discover the beauty of Natural Park of Urbasa´s forests.
- Via verde del ferrocarril Vasco – Navarro. Bicycle tour along an old disused railway line, recovered and reconditioned for the use of walkers and cyclists, (also known as green line)
- Itineraries in Tierra Estella, Navarre´s most western region.
- Bicycles itineraries